2020 Team Application Window is open August 1st through September 15th.
Are you a young cross-country mountain bike racer looking to learn from experienced coaches, train in a high-performance training facility, ride the best equipment, and be a part of supportive and fun team of like minded individuals ?
If so, you may be a great fit for the WE Devo MTB Team!
Here is what we provide to our team of athletes:
- Professional, hands-on coaching from Cody & Kathy Waite throughout the entire season.
- Our team Base Builder Training Program from November through April including strength training, indoor power-based cycling, and outdoor endurance rides.
- Individualized Race Prep training program built around the needs of the individual (school, job, family, etc.)
- 3-4 weekly training rides, 1-2 gym sessions, and training camps throughout the year.
- Guidance in nutrition, stress management, race tactics, mental preparations and equipment.
- Heavily discounted Team Bike purchases through SCOTT Bikes.
- Sponsorship provided equipment (clothing, helmets, eyewear, computers, etc.)
- Travel support to Team Races (bike travel, housing, etc.)
Our goal for 2020 is to increase our WE Devo team to 10 riders between the ages 16 and 21.
Applicants must live in the Denver area and able to train with us in Lakewood, CO on a regular basis between the months of November and August.
Here is some of what we ask of you (and your parents):
- You’re seriously dedicated to XC MTB racing (ie. it’s your primary sport/objective (after school of course)).
- Able to be coached (and be “coachable”) by WE Devo coaches Cody & Kathy Waite.
- Able to attend training sessions at Sessions:6 Sport Performance 3-5 days a week November-April.
- Able to attend training sessions in Lakewood (and surrounding areas) 3-4 days a week May-August.
- Able to purchase a SCOTT Spark (or Scale) MTB through team purchase.
- Willing to use/wear all sponsor provided equipment.
- Able to race as many of UCI Junior/U23 XCO events with the team as possible
- Active on Instagram, and willing to post pics & “stories” while tagging sponsors.
- Be a good person, good student, and representative of the sport, your team, and your family.
2020 team applications are being accepted between August 1st and September 15th.
Fill one out and email to coach Cody at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm reception of application; and inform applicants of acceptance/non-acceptance in October. * An in-person meeting with coaches, rider, and parent(s) will be part of the process as well.
Apply Here: PDF Application